- In the Scheduler, you can set up Transfers or Groups of Transfers to be run at certain intervals.
- You can specify when the Schedule should start running, how often it should be repeated, if it should be run within a specific time period, what Rapidi should do if errors occur while running it, the status of the Schedule, the priority of the Schedule, as well as which days of the week the schedule should be run.
- Furthermore, if your Transfers are using Tags, you can select the Tag values that each Schedule should use.
- Click the "New/Edit Schedules" button to create new Schedules. Go to the Setup Schedules page and follow the instructions on how to set up a new Schedule.
- On each Schedule you can set up a "notify interval"; this will result in a notify time being created when the schedule runs through correctly (without any errors). Then, if the schedule is not run through correctly again before this "notify" time, an email will be sent to your administrator or the contact who is set to receive those notification emails. As an account administrator, you can change and update the notification email addresses. Go to Schedule Monitor to set up the email addresses that should receive notifications.
- Schedules are automatically monitored by Rapidi.
Working with Schedules
Different sub-pages for different views
Under the sub-pages under the Schedules you have different views:
Active: View of all active Schedules, meaning the Schedules that are not stopped. All running Schedules are sorted by "NextDatetime" - Go to the detailed description of Active Schedules
Due-to-run: All Schedules that are due to run now and sorted by the order they will run (taking into account "status", "priority" and "nextdatetime") - Go to the detailed description of Schedules Due to Run
Notified (overdue): All active Schedules that you have been notified about that have some issue - Go to the detailed description of Schedules Notified
Grouped: View of the Schedules sorted by group - the Schedules are grouped by transfercode or groupcode - Go to the detailed description of Schedules Grouped
- All: View of all Schedules sorted by name - Go to the detailed description of Schedules All
- You can navigate to subsequent pages of the Schedules list using the navigation (pagination) to the right or you can search a specific Schedule by using the search field and the filter menu.
Pagination: Show more, show less
- The pagination: show more, show less feature allows you to select to show more or less records/lines on a list page. For example for Transfers, we currently show 10 transfers per page.
- Clicking on "Show more" would shift to 20 transfers per page, clicking on "show less" would change to 5 transfers per page. This setting is then remembered for you on this specific device and per page and for each specific page. This gives you the ability to choose how many records/lines you would like to work with on each specific page and on each device.
New Schedule / Edit Schedules
- To create a new Schedule, click the "New/Edit Schedules" button. See detailed description on how to set up a new Schedule on the Setup Schedules page
- To use the import feature please select a JSON file and then click the 'import' button.
- When the JSON file is imported it will show you how many have been imported and how many it has skipped if they already exist (in the message area on top of the page)
- After the import, the filter is set to 'Only Selected' to have an immediate view of the transfers imported.
- The export feature is available under each Tab (Dashboard, Transfers, Schedules, etc.)
- If you would like to export your entire setup to JSON you can do so via the 'Dashboard'
- If you go to each Tab (Transfers, Schedules, Groups, Connections, etc.) you will export all your transfers to a JSON file
- If you only would like to export only specific transfers select the transfers and the click then 'JSON' button
- The print feature is available under each Tab (Dashboard, Transfers, Schedules, etc.)
- If you would like to export and download your entire setup to pdf you can do so via the 'Dashboard'
- If you go to each Tab (Transfers, Schedules, Groups, Connections, etc.) you will download the setup for this specific area
- If you only would like to print or export specific transfers select the transfers and the click then 'pdf' button
- With this feature, you can start selected Schedules at the same time
- In some cases, you will have multiple Schedules that you wish to run right now. Simply select the Schedules you would like to start via the 'select' checkbox and click the 'start' button.
- You also have the possibility to start all your Schedules by first selecting all Schedules via the 'select all' checkbox and then clicking the 'start' button. The 'select all' checkbox will select all Schedules that you currently see on the page.
- You can use the filter menu to show only Schedules for a specific Group or Transfer or use the Search option to show all Schedules that are set up for a specific Connection (for example NAV001).
- When starting the selected Schedules their Status is set to 'Ok' which will allow them to run. But in order to get them to run now, the 'start schedules' feature will also set the 'nextdatetime' field so that the schedule is due to run now. The setting of the 'nextdatetime' is done in an intelligent way in order to preserve the setup that you have on the schedule and ensure that it will continue to run at the same hour or the same minute as it was before. Depending on the interval that you had previously set up on the Schedule, we will wind back the 'nextdatetime' repeatedly by subtracting the interval from the 'nextdatetime' until we arrive at a 'datetime' that is before the current 'datetime'. It may sound a bit complicated, but it ensures that for example a daily schedule that was set to run at 11.00 each day, will run again at 11.00 tomorrow after an initial "extra" run now.
- In other words, it is safe to use the 'start schedules' feature - you will not need to adapt the schedules after running them now with this new feature.
- It is important to mention that setting the schedules to run now, will not guarantee that they actually will run now. They will run as soon as the Scheduler is free to run these schedules. This is the standard Scheduler functionality.
- With this feature, you can stop selected Schedules at the same time
- If you need to stop all selected Schedules you can do so by selecting your Schedules and clicking the 'stop' button. This will set the Status on all selected Schedules to 'Stopped' and they will simply not run anymore. You will need to start them again for them to run again.
- With this feature, you can delete selected Schedules at the same time