- The Table Link (key fields) for a transfer specifies the unique link between a record in the source table and the corresponding record in the destination table.
- This can be the primary key of each table, but it can also be a different set of fields.
- It is important that these fields make up a unique key, so that a lookup in the destination table based on the fields in the "table link" will return one row exactly.
- You can use Formulas in the left side (the source side) to transform the source value(s) into a key that matches the destination.
- When using "Disable Dest Lookup" the table link is not used, but you must specify something anyway or you will get an error message.
- When using "Store new ID" feature, the table link has a special meaning (and is not used for a lookup in the destination as usual): In the left side you specify the primary (unique) key to the source table and in the right side you specify the ID (primary key) field from the destination table, that you want to fetch and store in the source table.