- You need to allow network access to your Salesforce.com instance for Rapidi.
- Login to your Salesforce.com and go to Setup -> Security Controls -> Network Access
- Add the following IP addresses 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52. The addresses might show up as "GNAX Data Center, Atlanta, GA, United States" (RailsMachine is our hosting partner).
NOTE: For the existing customers, you might now remove our old server range 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
The fields of the Salesforce.com Connection Card:
- Description: Enter a text describing the Connection.
- UserID (not used after version 4.1.01c): Here you specify the User ID for your Salesforce.com admin login (usually in form of an email address).
- Password (not used after version 4.1.01c): Here you specify the password to your Salesforce.com login.
- Sandbox: Check this field if you need to access a Salesforce.com sandbox.
NOTE: The Use SSL field is not shown anymore. SSL/TLS is always used and should always be used (so no need to have a field to enable or disable it).
Authorizing Rapidi to access your Salesforce.com data
This is done in the following way:
- You log in to MyRapidi and go to the Connections tab and then unfold the Salesforce.com connection that you want to authorize.
- Then press the Authorize button; you will be prompted to log in to your Salesforce.com instance (if you are not already logged in in another tab in the same browser). You should log in with the SFDC user that you want Rapidi to use for accessing your Salesforce.com instance.
- You are then prompted with a screen to authorize Rapidi to access your Salesforce.com instance data; please Authorize Rapidi to access your data.
When you authorize Rapidi, a refresh_token will be sent to MyRapidi. This refresh_token can be used by your Rapidi service to access your Salesforce.com data. The refresh_token is only stored in encrypted form in our database. You can at any time redraw the access for Rapidi from within your Salesforce.com instance (go to Setup, then in the left-side menu: Administration Setup - Manage Apps - Connected Apps OAuth Usage).
Test and Read Design
- You can Test that the access to a Connection works using the Test button on the Connection.
- Login to MyRapidi. Click the
- Read Design is the way to read the layout - the information about tables and fields - from a Connection. Reading the design is