Generic OData support
This connection type can be used to access systems that support OData. It is a generic connection and it cannot be guaranteed to work with all systems. Please contact our support if you have any questions about using this connection type with a specific system.
Support for MS Dynamics NAV and MS Dynamics AX (MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations) using OData is done using specific connections that you can read more about here:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, OData (MS Dynamics NAV)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition OData (latest AX versions)
Additional installation (only for local installations or if you control the hosting environment)
- In order for RapidiOnline to connect to your local database server, you need to download and install a small service, that we call the
Please Note: The OData Connection is by default created with an attached RapidiConnector. If you don't need the RapidiConnector - if you want Rapidi to connect directly to your OData system - you need to delete the RapidiConnector from the Connection (click the trashcan icon (Delete RapidiConnector) all the way to the right on the RapidiConnector header).
Below is a description of the fields on the Connection:
- Code: The unique code for this connection (cannot be changed)
- Description: Enter a text describing the Connection.
- Authentication Type:Choose howto authenticate with your OData system.
- none: No authentication.
- NTLM (windows local network): To use NTLM you need to install the RapidiConnector and specify UserID, Password, and Domain below. The system that you connect to should be on the same local network as the RapidiConnector.
- Basic (UserID + Password): This option will use the UserID and Password provided to form an HTTP Authorization header with Basic authentication (UserID + Password base64 encoded - it will optionally also add the Account if specified).
- Token (from Password field): This option will use the value provided in the Password field as a Token to form an HTTP Authorization header with Token token="<token value from password field>".
- OAuth2 (Azure AD): This option will perform an OAuth2 authentication with Azure Active Directory. Specify UserID (ApplicationID), Password (Key), Domain (Tenant ID) and STSEndpoint/URN (the Azure AD Resource) below. If you want to do OAuth2 Authentication with a different directory (Not Microsoft Azure AD), then please contact us.
- Server Connect: Specify the full path to your OData system - like "https://mysystem.domain.net:7048/ODataV4/Customer"
- Account: Account for login - optionally used with Basic authentication.
- UserID: Here you specify the userid (credentials) to access your OData system.
- Password: Here you specify the Password corresponding to the above UserID.
- Domain: The Domain for Authentication. For OAuth2, this is the Tenant ID of your Azure AD. For NTLM this is the network domain (e.g. WORKGROUP).
- STSEndpoint/URN: This field is only used for OAuth2 authentication. Specify here the resource (the Application ID of the App in your Azure AD that you want to have access to).
- Metadata URL: Here you can specify the URL to the metadata for your OData system - like "https://mysystem.domain.net:7048/ODataV4/$metadata"
- Use SSL: Check this field if the connection should use SSL (this setting dictates if SSL is used independently of specifying http or https above).
Test and Read Design
- You can Test that the access to a Connection works using the Test button on the Connection.
- Login to MyRapidi. Click the
- Read Design is the way to read the layout - the information about tables and fields - from a Connection. Reading the design is