Table of Contents
MS Dynamics NAV Web Services
MS Dynamics NAV can be accessed in different ways depending on which version you are using. You can use C/Front to access MS Dynamics NAV on the database level (with support for Flow Fields etc.) MS Dynamics NAV or you can use our NAS Connector or finally you can use our MS Dynamics NAV Web Services which can be used to access any Page exposed as a Web Service.
If you have MS Dynamics NAV 2013 or later, please use our MS Dynamics NAV SQL connector.
For Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and MS Dynamics NAV 2016 or later, please use our MS Dynamics NAV ODATA connector.
The following versions of NAV are supported for Web Services
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018)
- MS Dynamics NAV 2016
- MS Dynamics NAV 2015
- MS Dynamics NAV 2013
- MS Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
- Web Services - you need access to run the Web Services Server in your license (fin.flf)
- You might need additional Web Access or External access licenses from Microsoft - please check your license conditions for this.
Accessing the MS Dynamics NAV Web Services
If your MS Dynamics NAV is hosted in an online Microsoft or Partner environment, you can access your MS Dynamics NAV Web Services directly over the internet (provided that the NAV Web Services have been exposed to the internet of cause).
In this case, set up an NS Dynamics NAV Web Service connector, delete/remove the RapidiConnector (there is a small 'Delete' icon on the RapidiConnector header line) and select "Windows" as Authentication Type and enter the external URL to the MS Dynamics NAV Web Services in the Server Connect field.
If the MS Dynamics NAV Web Services are not exposed to the internet, you can follow the description below to install the RapidiConnetor and set up access to the local MS Dynamics NAV Web Services.
- In order for Rapidi to connect to your local database server, you need to download and install a small service, that we call the
Configuration in MS Dynamic NAV
- You need to use NTLM Authentication on the Web Service Server as we only support this Authentication method at the moment.
- NAV2009: Please open the C:\Program Files\MS Dynamics NAV\60\Service\CustomSettings.config file and set the Key "WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" to "true". The Key "WebServiceSSLEnabled" should be "false".
- NAV2013 or later: Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Administration program, select your server (default is DynamicsNAV70), press Edit, and check the "use NTLM Authentication". Ensure that the SOAP Services are enabled. Save and restart the server.
- In MS Dynamics NAV you also need to expose the Pages that you want to be able to access from RapidiOnline.
- Go to C:\Program Files\MS Dynamics NAV\60\ RoleTailored Client, start Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe (NAV2009 default path) and navigate to Departments - Administration - IT Administration - General.
- Select "Web Services" under Lists. Select New and specify "Page" as Object Type, select the ID of the page you want to expose (for example 21 for Customer card or 42 for Sales Order), specify a service name (e.g. Customer or SalesOrder) and check the Published box. Press OK. *** Please Note (NAV2009): You have to restart the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services" service each time you change published services.
- After this, you can go ahead and Read Design and start creating Transfers.
Configuration in Rapidi
- Login to MyRapidi. Go to the 'Connections' page and find your MS Dynamics NAV WS Connection
- The fields of the MS Dynamics NAV Web Service Connection are as follows:
- Description: Enter a text describing this Connection. Example: NAV2013 Cronus Web Service
- Authentication Type: Select the Authentication method to be used with NAV Web Services. Only NTLM is supported for now.
- Server Connect: Specify the name and path of the server hosting the NAV Web Services. It is usually the Windows Server name of the machine running the NAV Web Service Server. You can find the name in the C:\Program Files\MS Dynamics NAV\60\Service\CustomSettings.config file - look for the value for the Key "DatabaseServer". If the full path is used, it should look like this: http://NAVSERVER:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/CRONUS%20International%20Ltd./ substitute the CRONUS.... with your NAV Company name - use %20 instead of any blank spaces in the companyname.
In NAV2013 open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Administration program instead.
- Account: Enter the Account or Company name of the NAV Account here. Example: CRONUS International Ltd.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Account is CASE SENSITIVE.
- User ID: Enter the Windows UserID to access the NAV Web Service server here.
- Password: Enter the corresponding Password here.
- Domain: Here you enter the Windows Domain name that is used by the Web Service Server. For Example WORKGROUP
Test and Read Design
- You can Test that the access to a Connection works using the Test button on the Connection.
- Login to MyRapidi. Click the
- Read Design is the way to read the layout - the information about tables and fields - from a Connection. Reading the design is