Connections are the Databases or systems that you want to transfer data between. It can for example be a Microsoft Dynamics NAV system or it can be a Microsoft SQL database. Some Connections are on the database level and some are on a higher business logic level.
Common for all Connections is, that they can be used either as source (to read data from) or as destination (to write data to).
Add New Connection:
To add a new Connection choose a Connection type in the drop-down list for creating new Connections and click 'Add New Connection'. You can use the search field in the drop-down to quickly find the Connection you are looking for.
Depending on your Rapidi service, you might only see some systems in the drop-down list for creating new Connections; These correspond to the systems that you currently have access to (but restrictions may occur). If you need access to a Connection type and you do not see it, please contact us to get this Connection type added to your service.
Once the Connections have been created they will be visible in the list. The header for each connection shows:
- Connection Type
- Icon (RC) indicating if a RapidiConnector is attached to the Connection
- Connection Code
Furthermore, you have to the far right the possibility to add a comment clicking the 'Comment' icon, get help from the wiki by clicking the '?' icon, and you can finally delete the connection by clicking the 'Trash' icon.
In the filtering menu, you have the options to filter on 'selected/not selected' Connections and you can use the search field to search for connection, description, databasepath, company, servername, server connect, etc.
Other features available:
Please choose the specific connection from the list below to see this particular connection details and parameters.
Below is a list of the supported Connection Types:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) OData (NAV2016, NAV2017, NAV2018)
- MS Dynamics NAV through C/Front (all versions up to NAV2009 including older Navision versions)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 NAV through SQL (NAV2009, NAV2013, NAV2015, NAV2016, NAV2017)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 NAV WebServices (NAV2009R2, NAV2013, NAV2015, NAV2016, NAV2017)
- NAS Connector (Navision Application Server Connector, NAV2009 or earlier)
- Navision 3.56 (old Text based Navision)
- MS SQL Server
- MS Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition OData (latest AX versions)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition (including older MS Dynamics AX and Axapta versions)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations WebServices (including MS Dynamics AX)
- XAL (old pre-Axapta version)
- MS Dynamics C5 (including older versions of C5)
- MS Dynamics GP SQL Database
- MS Dynamics GP Stored Procedures
- Lotus Notes/Domino
- Generic ODBC
- IBM DB2
- REST Web Service
***(other Connections are supported on project basis, please ask)